At I Care Vision Associates, we are very proud to provide the best eye doctors and overall eye care to Johnson City. But beyond our pride in the excellent eye care we provide, we are also very happy to be part of the Johnson City community ourselves. Why do we love Johnson City so much, you ask? Well, here are just a few reasons:
- Johnson City is surrounded by beautiful scenery, including the steep mountains, rolling hills and valleys of the Appalachian Ridge. One of the ridges, Buffalo Mountain, is over 2,700 feet high, and the location of one of the city parks here, along the south side of the city.
- We also have many incredible museums here in Johnson City, including the Hands On! Museum, in downtown Johnson City, which boasts interactive exhibits, and a museum at the corporate headquarters of General Shale Brick, which showcases historically significant bricks, including one that is 10,000 years old, from the ancient city of Jericho!
- The Tipton-Haynes State Historic Site is also an interesting site to see. Located just south of the city, this historic site boasts a museum and education center, along with eleven other buildings that show the traditions of Appalachian farming and crafts. The same site also hosts the Bluegrass and Sorghum making festival each year!
- Speaking of yearly festivals, we also host The Blue Plumb Festival. There is 5K race, two days of music, art and craft vendors, children’s area, food court and much much more!
- And no trip to Johnson City would be complete without a visit to the Downtown Shopping District, which hosts "First Friday," every month. This is a growing art and music festival, meant to introduce up and coming artists to the Johnson City community! This festival features restaurant specials, gallery receptions and shopping specials.