We understand the obvious concern that coronavirus has brought to the area.
We want to make you aware of the steps we are taking to protect our patients and team members in this time of uncertainty.
The changes we will be implementing to our office are based on current recommendations from the Centers of Disease Control (CDC), World Health Organization (WHO) and local/state officials. These changes will be effective immediately and will continue until further notice. Should you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to call or text our office at (423) 283-4590.
What our office is currently doing:
- We sanitize every piece of equipment at the being of each day, after each use and also at the end of the day with medical grade disinfectant.
- We sanitize all patient contact surfaces at the being of each day, after each use and also at the end of the day with medical grade disinfectant
- Our team washes their hands thoroughly throughout the day.
- Our waiting room seating has been reduced to promote social distancing.
- We have removed all reading materials and ask that patient fill out their information online.
- All doctors and staff members are screened daily.
In compliance with the latest guidelines for patient and staff safety, the following measures are being implemented:
- If you are age 60 or older or have an underlying health condition that compromises your immune system. Please reschedule your exam.
- We ask that if you have traveled within the US to areas that are considered highly affected, or if you have traveled outside of the United States within the past 14 days, that you please call our office toreschedule your exam.
- Please do not bring any one, including children, with you to your eye exam unless you are in need of assistance. All others will be asked to remain in their vehicle during your exam.
- Please wait in your car until your appointed time. If you arrive early, please call of text our office to make arrangements.
- Present yourself to the front door at your appointed time and a member of our staff will allow you entry and escort you to the exam room for your eye exam.
Existing contact lens and eyeglass orders:
- Contact Lens Orders: For all existing patients; please call our office at (423) 283-4590 to order contact lenses. We can ship these directly to you at no additional cost. Curbside pickup can be arranged as well.
- Eyeglass Orders: For patients needing to pick up recent optical orders, please call our office at (423) 283-4590. We can ship these directly to you at no additional cost. Curbside pickup can be arranged as well.
Emergency Office Visits:
Dr. Harrison and Dr. Hunt will still be available for all emergency visits during this time. Emergency visits include, but are not limited to, red eyes, foreign bodies, sudden loss of vision, floaters and flashing lights. We are asking patients not to arrive at our office without an appointment. Please call our office at (423) 283-4590 determine whether the emergency requires an office visit. Please let our office know beforehand if you have symptoms of a respiratory infection, or you have traveled outside of the area so our staff can take the appropriate preventive actions.
Please contact us at (423) 283-4590. We are here for you.
I Care Vision Doctors and Staff